Background info on yeast transformation

David Jansma davidjansma at
Fri Jun 29 09:49:16 EST 2001

Hi Cathy
Have a look at this site:

David Jansma

I have recently started working with yeast and was wondering if there is
somewhere I can all the background info on yeast transformations. The
stuff i am looking for is:
Salmon sperm acts as a carrier...but how and what happens to it after
the transformation?
What does the PEG do??
What does DMSO do??
If anyone can help or point me in the right direction that would be

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: