plasmid curing in yeast

Ron Lahav roni at
Fri Mar 2 11:01:02 EST 2001

Dear group,
I was wondering if anyone knows the rate of plasmid curing in yeast? Is it
strain dependent? Are there specific conditions that increase the rate of
curing? Does the mechanism work in a similar fashion as it does in bacteria
(selective media, ie antibiotics, necessary to maintain plasmids in
bacteria and so forth..).
I hope I am clear on this question but I would be more than happy to
clarify myself to anyone interested. Thanks in advance!

Ron Lahav
Applied Environmental Microbiology Lab
J. Blaustein Institute for Desert Research
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Sde Boqer Campus, 84990, Israel
Email: ronil at
Fax (972)-7-659-6831