Plasma membrane fractionation

boyer at boyer at
Fri Mar 2 12:48:57 EST 2001

It is usually admitted that yeast plasma membrane (PM) markers such as Pma1p are located in a P15K fraction. However, in my hands (prelim.exp.), the Pma1p marker rather appears in the P150K fraction (as seen on western blots).
We think this might come from the potterization step we use before the 15K centrifugation.This would lead to smaller PM vesicles that would then preferentially sediment at 150K.But we're not sure...

Did anyone encountered a similar observation and have any possible explanation/refs for that ?

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: