Curing yeast of 2-micron.

Jon Swaffield jon_swaffield at ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 5 14:36:35 EST 2001

Looking ahead at some experiments I wish to carry out, I may find that I
need to cure one of my strains of 2-micron plasmid.  Following the method
of Rose and Broach (1990) Methods in enzymology 185:234-279, I will need
plasmid YEp351-GAL-FLP1.  If anyone has this plasmid and could sent me
some I would be most grateful.  Email me direct and I can give you my UPS
account#.

If anyone knows of an alternative method for curing 2-micron and/or a
quick test for its presence in a strain (I was thinking of doing a PCR)
please let me know.

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net