Gal4 BD Antibody Problem

vuk savv at medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Wed May 16 11:05:31 EST 2001

Hi, Juan Zhou

I have a very similar problem, if not the same. I can not detect a Gal BD signal
with Clontech antibody. I have tried lots of different concentrations of primary
and secondary antibodies, Vectastain boosting, but no help - once I received
bands that could be at 22 kD, but when I tried to intensify with Vectastain, I
got all the non-specific bands. ETC.
Clontech people think my problem is the plasmid I am using - PGBT9. It has a
very low expression and is not detectable by Western blot according to Clontech
catalogue.
Have you checked your plasmid? I am switching to PGBKT7, with a stronger T7
promoter and higher expressivity, valued as +++ on Clontech scale (Yeast
Handling Catalogue, chapter Yeast Promoters). I will let you know if this helps.

Please if you have any new achievement on fighting this windmill of ours, let me
know, I could sure use it! Also, I would appreciate if you wrote about the
plasmid you are using, so I would know if other plasmids, with a higher
expressivity than PGBT9 , also create this kind of problems.
Sincerely,
Vuk Savkovic

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net