Ribosomal proteins nomenclature

Anand Sethuraman anand at genome.stanford.edu
Tue May 29 17:54:17 EST 2001

Hello,

We recently noticed some errors in our site regarding the nomenclature
description for the ribosomal genes RPL11A/YPR102C, RPL11B/YGR085C,
RPL16A/YIL133C, and RPL16B/YNL069C.  We apologize for any confusion
this may have caused over the nomenclature for these genes.  SGD has
now corrected the ORF descriptions and curator notes explaining the
1997 nomenclature changes may now be found hyperlinked to 'Locus
History', seen at the very bottom of SGD's 'Locus' page:

ORF             Current Name            Previous Name
=======         ============            =============

YPR102C         RPL11A                  RPL16A

YGR085C         RPL11B                  RPL16B

YIL133C         RPL16A                  -

YNL069C         RPL16B                  -

The above changes were based on the nomenclature for the cytoplasmic
ribosomal proteins of Saccharomyces cerevisiae by Mager et al. (see
reference below).

Reference:
==========

A new nomenclature for the cytoplasmic ribosomal proteins of
Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mager, W.H., Planta, R.J., Ballesta, J.G.,
Lee, J.C., Mizuta, K., Suzuki, K., Warner, J.R.,  Woolford,
J. Nucleic Acids Res. 25(24): 4872-4875 (1997)

Please let us know (yeast-curator at genome.stanford.edu) if you have any
questions.

Anand

Anand Sethuraman Ph. D., Scientific Curator
Saccharomyces Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120