genomic DNA preparation

Katja Ludin katja.ludin at
Thu Aug 22 10:30:10 EST 2002

Hi all!

I am wondering what one sees, loading mildly prepared (spheroplast
protocol, not glass beads!) genomic DNA from S.pombe on a 1% agarose gel.
We see a more or less clean band at  around 25 kb. Should't it be a rather
high molecular DNA smear? Does anybody know a milder preparation?
Any suggestions?

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: