lysis for cell fractionation

Antonio Marques ajlmarques at
Fri Dec 20 05:36:14 EST 2002

I'm not sure if this technique mantains the integrety of the cellular
compartments, but if you have the equipment it sure is inexpensive... I was
thinking about sonication... If done right, I suppose it will disrupt the
cellular membrane only, but I don't know about the ratio of lysis...
Say something if you try it or if you find out any other way ok?

Best regards...

"Peter Mastrangelo" <peter.mastrangelo at> wrote in message
news:attj8q$sqm$1 at
> Dear Yeasters,
> What is the best technique for preparing yeast lysates for cell
> fractionation.  Ideally, I'm looking for a technique that is gentle and
> maintains the integrety of the different cellular compartments without
> being too expensive (such as preparing extracts from spheroplasts made
> Zymolase).
> Any suggestions would be appreciated,
> Peter
> Peter Mastrangelo, Ph. D.,
> Centre for Research in Neurodegenerative Disease,
> Tanz Neuroscience Bldg.,
> University of Toronto,
> 6 Queen's Park Cres. West,
> Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
> M5S 3H2
> e-mail: peter.mastrangelo at
> tele: (416)978-3408/(416)978-8908/(416)978-8975
> FAX: (416)978-1878

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: