Tagging proteasome subunits

Daniel Maarten Janse djanse at arep.med.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 26 16:08:00 EST 2002

   Hi,

   I have been unsuccessful in trying to integrate a tag at the 3' end of
proteasome subunits. I am using subunits that have previously been tagged
with things like GFP so I know it is not lethal to do so. I am currently
trying to do it by double homologous recombination with 2x40bp homology to
the genome flanking the linear insert. All the colonies that grow end
up being false positives.

   Does anyone know of an alternate strategy to use for tagging these
subunits? Any help will be much appreciated.

  Thanks!

 Dan

---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net