How to DAPI stain live S. pombe cell?

Wen Song wsong at
Tue Jan 15 12:58:04 EST 2002

Dear all,

I am new in studying S. pombe. I recently have problem to stain live S.
pombe with DAPI. Since I am using GFP fusion protein to study nuclear
localization. I need to localize the nuclear to use as an important
reference. I can stain fixed (heat or methnol)  pombe with DAPI without
problem, but my GFP fusion did not work well in fixed cell. Please help!

Wen Song
wsong at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at