DAPI staining pombe

SLF notmyaddress at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:00:20 EST 2002

>  Dear all,
> I am new in studying S. pombe. I recently have problem to stain live S.
> pombe with DAPI. Since I am using GFP fusion protein to study nuclear
> localization. I need to localize the nuclear to use as an important
> reference. I can stain fixed (heat or methnol) pombe with DAPI without
> problem, but my GFP fusion did not work well in fixed cell. Please help!
> Wen Song
> wsong at pgec.ars.usda.gov

Live DAPI staining is less efficient but works.  You can use the methods on our
pombe technology web page,

This and other Frequently Asked Pombe Questions are covered on the pombe FAQ:

Use the one below, replacing AT with @
(this inconvenience is for spam control)
S L Forsburg, PhD  Associate Professor
The Salk Institute, La Jolla CA
"These are my opinions.  I don't have
time to speak for anyone else."
Help me raise money for leukemia research!

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net