Lyticase buffer?

Martin lin at
Thu Jan 17 11:46:49 EST 2002

On 16 Jan 2002 04:39:33 -0000, Michelle Bausch
<BAUSCH at> wrote:

>I have just received Lyticase from Sigma, as I wish to perform tetrad
>analysis of S. cerevisiae spores.  I cannot seem to find any information on
>what buffer I should resuspend it in, and what temperature to store the
>stock solution in etc...
Hi Michelle,
I recommend to prepare Lyticase freshly each time as its activity
is remarkably reduced after storage.
The dry  powder itself, however,  is stable for months at -20.
You can use TE to dissolve Lyticase (brownish color), works fine.
Good luck,

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: