Transposon mutagenesis

akabir anaul_kabir at
Sun Jan 27 19:21:21 EST 2002

Dear Everybody,

For transposon mediated gene disruption, we generally make the cassette in
vitro and then linearize it and transform into yeast which land in the
yeast genome and inserts by homologous recombination. To avoid that
procedure, I am thinking of using Tn7 or Tn3 transposon to transform into
yeast directly and to disrupt a gene. Does anybody have any idea about it?
    Please email me if you have some information.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: