Yeast lysis

Stephen Clark s_clark at
Tue Jan 29 12:24:24 EST 2002


I'm looking for a way to extract a protein from yeast without using 
glass beads. Pierce have a reagent (named "Y-PER") for this but I can't 
seem to find anything anywhere else. Has anybody used this? Can you tell 
me if it is any good? Is there an equivalent available elsewhere?

Any input - much appreciated. Many thanks,
Stephen Clark


YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe: e-mail biosci-server at with: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: e-mail biosci-server at with: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
problems with the YEAST newsgroup? E-mail the moderator: francis at

More information about the Yeast mailing list