Yeast lysis with Robot

James Delproposto delpropo at
Wed Jul 31 10:02:03 EST 2002

I have been trying to develop a protocol to lyse yeast cells using a
robot for plasmid preps.  The only functionality that the robot has is
pipeting, shaking, and vacum filtration which takes the places of
centrifuging.  I doesnt have the ability to vortex, so glass beads are
out of the question.  It cannot incubate at higher than room
temperature so that rules out zymolase and a couple other methods.  If
anyone has a method that can lyse s. cer with only reagents and
shaking, please let me know.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: