Yeast two hybrid

Alex Brands abbrands at
Wed Jun 5 10:58:44 EST 2002

On 4 Jun 2002, Trent Bosma wrote:

> Yeast two hybrid  (ProQuest system using ResGen Hela cDNA library)
> 1.  The majority of my putative interactors contain more than 1 cDNA.  Has
> anyone experienced similar results and found a cure apart from changing
> my bait?

When you transform yeast with a library, it is normal for some of the
transformants to carry more than one plasmid.  You need to clone the
plasmids into E.coli, then re-transform the isolated plasmids
independently to determine which one is giving you the interaction.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
YEAST on the WWW: