Mating efficiency for pretransformed library screening

czhenming at mail1.vcu.edu czhenming at mail1.vcu.edu
Tue Sep 3 17:33:39 EST 2002

Dear friends:

We have constructed a yeast library for two hybrid. Now we are
screening it following the clontech protocol in Pretransformed
MATCHMAKER Libraries User Manual. Four days ago, I did the first
screening. Unfortunately, no single colony appeared on both
SD/-Trp-Leu-Ade-His and SD/-Trp-Leu till today. Low mating efficiency
seems to be the main reason.

Could you give me any ideas to improve yeast mating efficiency (AH109
and Y187). Thanks very much.

Also, welcome anyone who are doing two hybrid screening or have
similar experiences write to me. let's share the procedure of
screening.

Zhenming
---

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net