glu-ala repeat

Suzanne McKenna smckenna at
Tue Dec 16 14:13:44 EST 2003

I have expressed a protein in P Pastoris using the alpha factor mating
signal followed by a Glu-Ala repeat for secretion. The Glu-Ala repeat
was not cleaved from the amino terminus of the protein. Is there
anything I can do to facilitate cleavage - change in media, pH, ... to
fix this? Or is this a steric issue I can't get around. Will
fermentation vs shaker flask expression affect cleavage of the Glu-Ala

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at