Mac Graphical Interface

alustig alustig at
Tue Dec 16 14:42:28 EST 2003

Protein structure people:

Is there a Mac OS 10 graphical interface in which the Modeller program
can be visualized.

Art Lustig
Arthur J. Lustig, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry SL-43
Tulane University Health Sciences Center
1430 Tulane Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112
phone: 504-584-3688
fax: 504-584-2739
Web page:

>From the moderator:

I found this in the Modeller FAQ (

Does Modeller have a graphical interface (GUI) ?

   No; Modeller is run from the command line, and uses a TOP script to
   direct it. However, a graphical interface to Modeller is commercially
   available from Accelrys, as part of Discovery Studio Modeling 1.1, at

The Modeller Web site is:

An email address for the free academic version:

   modeller-care at

The latest version of Modellor does work on MacOS X v1.2.8 on my
office G5.  I don't know anything about Modellor, I just ran the test
scripts and it seems to work just fine.

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at