Essential ORFs of S.cerevisiae

Maria Costanzo maria at
Fri Feb 28 13:21:51 EST 2003

Dear Dr. Kim,

A list of S. cerevisiae genes and their null phenotypes can be
downloaded from the Saccharomyces genome database
(  At the URL:

you can download the file '', which has six columns
containing the following information:

1) ORF
2) Gene
4) Phenotype_type
5) Phenotype
6) Description

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have further

Maria Costanzo

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120
Phone: 650-725-8956
Fax: 650-723-7016
maria at

On Tuesday, February 4, 2003, at 08:37 PM, [ks_c_5601-1987]
=B1=E8=C1=BE=B1=D5 wrote:

> Hello,=20
> I am looking for list of ORFs that essential for viability of
> Saccharomyces=
>  cerevisiae.=20
> Any information you could give me concerning the ORFs would be much
> appreci=
> ated.
> Sincerely.
> Jonggyun Kim
> Principal scientist
> Yuhan Research Center
> +82-031-452-4111
> myseed at

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at