Mike Cherry cherry at
Fri Feb 28 14:39:36 EST 2003

As you might have guessed there are still a few problems being worked
out with the change of moderator.  I'm confident that these problems
will be solved within the next week.

I also would like to thank Francis Ouellette for all his work for the
yeast community over the past ten years.  As mentioned by Francis in a
recent email I, and the Saccharomyces Genome Database (SGD) group, have
assumed the role of moderator for these messages.  We are discussing
how this community newsgroup/mailing list can be most useful for yeast
researchers.  If you have any ideas for positive changes please let me

J. Michael Cherry, Ph.D.         Internet: cherry at
Associate Professor (Research)   Department of Genetics
Medical Center, Room M341        Stanford University School of Medicine
Voice:    650-723-7541           Stanford, California  94305-5120
FAX:      650-723-7016

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at