plasmid shuffling with LYS2 / aminoadipate

Carmen Graf cgraf at gwdg.de
Tue Jun 3 05:46:34 EST 2003

Hi,

I want to shuffle a plasmid but cannot make use of the URA3 / 5-FOA
method and thus want to use LYS2 / aminoadapate.  I find this scheme
mentioned in Methods in Enzymology Vol. 194, but when asking around,
it seems that "nobody" ever used it...  Has anyone used this
counterselection scheme and could tell me about her / his experiences
with it?  Could anyone give me a hint where to get the mentioned
pRS317- LYS2 vector?

Thanks in advance,

Carmen

--=20
=09Carmen Graf                                                             =
   =20
=09Department of Neurobiology        =20
=09Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
=09Am Fa=DFberg 11, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
=09Phone:  +49-551-2011714
=09e-mail: cgraf at gwdg.de=20
---

_