FIL1/YHR038W: proposed name change

Karen Christie kchris at genome.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 10 20:19:48 EST 2003

Dear Colleagues,

This note is to let you know about a proposal by Dr. Akira Kaji to
change the Standard Name of YHR038W from FIL1 (Factor for Isocitrate
Lyase expression) to RRF1 (Ribosomal Recycling Factor 1). The FIL1
name was originally published by Kanai et al. in 1998; this is
currently the only publication characterizing this gene. The FIL1 name
has also been used subsequently to designate a mutation in adenylate
cyclase, encoded by the CYR1 gene. We have contacted the researchers
who have published on the YHR038W gene and there is consensus
accepting the proposal to make RRF1 the Standard name for YHR038W with
the original name FIL1 becoming an Alias Name for this gene.

With the consensus of currently known researchers working on the
YHR038W ORF, we plan to make this proposed nomenclature change on June
20th. If you have any objections to this proposed name change, please
contact us.

Best Regards,

-Karen
Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database