Looking for information on Saccharomyces cerevisiea GPD2 deletion

Hubert Piatkowski hubert at piatkowski.ca
Tue Jun 17 22:41:44 EST 2003

Hi folks..

I'm very new to this as I have not done any mol bio in 8 yrs or so (back
in school).

I'm interested at doing some gene deletions with my strain of yeast that I
use for fermenting corn to alcohol.  Since I'm not interested in high
glycerol content I need to play around with GPD2 and GPD1 genes.  How
would I
go about removing these.  I could perform a gene knockout but I would
have to
make a plasmid first to replace these genes, are these available
commercially
or do I have to manufacture one??

Also, how do I get on the mailing list?? I tried subscribing, and the
server bounces my mail as SPAM...

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Hubert Piatkowski