Looking for information on Saccharomyces cerevisiea GPD2

Maria Costanzo maria at genome.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 18 08:15:51 EST 2003

Dear Hubert,

Yeast genomic clones and expression plasmids are available
commercially, but I'm not aware of any source for plasmids that could
be used to make knockout strains.  Your best bet would probably be to
look at the literature for GPD1 and GPD2, which is easily done by
clicking the 'Literature Guide' link on the SGD locus pages for these
genes (http://db.yeastgenome.org/cgi-bin/SGD/locus.pl?locus=gpd1 and
http://db.yeastgenome.org/cgi-bin/SGD/locus.pl?locus=gpd2), to find the
names of researchers who have constructed deletions.  They might be
able to provide you with the necessary clones or reagents.

If the newsgroup emails are considered spam by your server, that's
something you'll have to take up with your network administrator or
ISP.  I receive the newsgroup posts myself as email, coming through a
commercial ISP, so I know the system works. Maybe you could ask your
ISP to allow incoming mail from the yeast group address.

Good luck, and let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120
Phone: 650-725-8956