Growth on SD-met

Jon Millman jon.millman at utoronto.ca
Wed Nov 12 09:13:07 EST 2003

Hello,

I am using cells derived from the deletion set (s288c) and would like to select diploids using the met15 marker (i.e. lys2delta0 in alphass, met15delta0 in a's).  Unfortunately, I just don't see growth (after 1 week) on SD-met plates in the MET15+ strain.  Apparently I am not the only person in my lab with this difficulty.

I have checked our dropout recipe and it seems pretty standard.  I was wondering if this is some sort of known problem with the deletion set, or whether we are just somehow ignorant to the subtleties of using met15 as a marker.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jon
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at net.bio.net and say: subscribe yeast