requesting information on yeast promoter less vector pAS 201

Martin Hirst hirst at interomex.com
Mon Sep 22 14:08:42 EST 2003

Hello Shara,

I guess the first question would be how are you planning on assaying the
promoter activity?  LacZ, GFP, nutritional marker....

If you already have an integrated reporter you might want to consider
recombining your promoter directly.  Alternatively you could integrate a
reporter directly behind your promoter.

I would argue that promoters should always be assayed in a chromosomal
context, preferably in their native positions.

Martin

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at net.bio.net and say: subscribe yeast