requesting information on yeast promoter less vector pAS 201

Martin Hirst hirst at
Mon Sep 22 14:08:42 EST 2003

Hello Shara,

I guess the first question would be how are you planning on assaying the
promoter activity?  LacZ, GFP, nutritional marker....

If you already have an integrated reporter you might want to consider
recombining your promoter directly.  Alternatively you could integrate a
reporter directly behind your promoter.

I would argue that promoters should always be assayed in a chromosomal
context, preferably in their native positions.

On 9/18/03 20:00, "Sreihani at" <Sreihani at> wrote:

> Hi;
> I am in search of a promoter less yeast vector for my research. The purpose
> is to put the promoter of my interest in a yeast vector and look at the
> results
> for my promoter activity. We were supposed to get a promoter less yeast
> vector by the name of pAS 201, but the company in charge was not able to
> provide
> the vector to us as promised. I have contacted the SGD at Stanford, and Dr.
> Nash
> has suggested that I post my request on your site for possible response.
> Thank you in advance.
> Shara

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at