New TAP fusion library now available

Troy Moore tmoore at
Thu Jan 22 16:38:30 EST 2004

I'm writing to announce the launch of the Yeast TAP-Fusion Library recently
published by Drs. E. O'shea and J. Weissman (Nature 425: 737-741).  In
keeping our committment to expanding access to community resources, this
arrayed library is available to yeast labs around the world.
Technicals details on the Yeast TAP-Fusion clones (scTAP):
-Individual clones are available for over 98% of the annotated yeast genes
-The tandem affinity purification (TAP) tag permits rapid, gentle
purification of protein complexes.
-Each gene is fused with high-affinity epitope tags (Calmodulin Binding
Protein & Protein A) and is expressed in it's natural chromosome location
under natural promoters.
-All clones have been re-confirmed via PCR with gene specific primers.
-The scTAP clones can be obtained on a gene-by-gene basis or in microtiter
More information on the scTAP library is available at:
Troy Moore
tmoore at
YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at