Yeast replication origins/replication terminators

Makkuni Jayaram jayaram at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 19 09:53:03 EST 2004

July 19, 2004

We need to construct a set of plasmids with a short (minimal but fully
functional) replication origin as well as a replication
termination/pause site.

Could some one suggest a documented origin fragment, an early firing
one please, that is available on plasmid or can be PCRed out?

Can someone let me know the limits (coordiante numbers) of the minimal
2 micron circle origin?

We would like to keep the termintor/pause site also as short as
possible? Do all terminator sites have an orientation bias? We would
like to use a unipolar as well as a bipolar terminator/pause site.

If you have the materials we need, please let me know as soon as
possible.  If you know of some one or a laboratory) that can help us,
please direct me to them.

Many thanks.

Jay (Makkuni Jayaram)

Makkuni Jayaram