sequence of the ura3-1 allele

Maria Costanzo maria at genome.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 25 17:33:34 EST 2004

Dear colleagues,

allele, Dr. Adam Bailis graciously offered to determine its sequence in
his lab. I've just heard from him that the allele is a G to A
transition at residue 701 of the coding sequence, leading to a change
in amino acid 234 from glycine to glutamine. This information is now
posted in our table of commonly used auxotrophic markers at

http://www.yeastgenome.org/alleletable.shtml

I hope many of you will find this useful!  Thanks to Dr. Bailis and Yan
Li and Glenn Manthey in his lab for this service to the yeast
community.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120
Phone: 650-725-8956