Cultivating S pombe

Liliana Cuenca L.Cuenca at
Wed Nov 3 05:07:06 EST 2004

I'm working with S.pombe as growing organism in repeated batch cultivation.
I have no found any information about growing methods apart from small
scale cultivation in the lab. My question is what is the pH optimum for
Pombe to grow and if it is absolutely necessary to control it when growing
in a bioreactor.

Liliana Cuenca
PhD Student
University of Surrey
Tel:   +44 1483879475
Fax: + 44 1483876581

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at