heterologous expression in yeast

Dr.Pierre BERTHOMIEU berthom at ensam.inra.fr
Mon Nov 29 12:01:55 EST 2004

Hi,

We expressed an Arabidopsis cDNA in the wild-type W303 yeast strain
and obtained both the following two phenotypes:
   - the cDNA expression INDUCED RESISTANCE to a toxic ionic
   treatment in drop tests (on solid medium)
AND
   - the cDNA expression INDUCED increased SENSITIVITY to the
   same toxic ionic treatment in liquid culture.
We used the same culture medium, of course.
It might be of interested to know that the protein is supposed to be
secreted.

Has anybody already experienced such a strange situation ?
Any comment, advice or idea to try to understand this phenomenon
is welcome.

Yours

Dr. Pierre BERTHOMIEU
Assistant Professor
Biochimie et Physiologie Moleculaire des Plantes
UMR5004
Agro.M                                            tel: (+33) 499612611
Place Viala                                       fax: (+33) 467525737
34060 MONTPELLIER Cedex 1                 e-mail: berthom at ensam.inra.fr
FRANCE

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at net.bio.net and say: subscribe yeast