yeast growth

Maple J jm151 at
Wed Oct 20 05:09:23 EST 2004

We have been using the yeast two hybrid system to analyse
protein-protein interactions.  using the histidine reporter gene we
have found that some of our strains containing interacting proteins
can grow more on media lacking histidine than media containing
histidine and cannot think of a reason for this.  can anyone please
offer any suggestions?

Thank you for your time in advance

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at