cAMP assay

Lisa Regalla lregalla at
Mon Feb 28 11:32:37 EST 2005

I am looking for a simple cAMP assay for use with S. cerevisiae.  I
found that there are many kits available but most are designed for
high throughput screening on mammalian cells.  When I have called
these companies, they offer little advice on how this kits can be used
for yeast work.  Can anyone recommend a good kit / procedure for
yeast?  Are there any feelings on the sensitivity issues associated
with use of an absorbance versus a fluorence based kit?  I would
appreciate any help in this matter.

Thank you!

YEAST bionet newsgroup see:
YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at and say: subscribe yeast
unsubscribe: mailto:biosci-server at and say: unsubscribe yeast
YEAST on the WWW:
Newsgroup Moderator SGD Curators: yeast-biosci-moderator at