mRNA export question

tonks nytonks at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:25:56 EST 2005

Sort of a theoretical question - if I am interested in studying an
RNA-binding protein that might have a role in retaining its target
mRNA in the nucleus (preventing export), what kind of assays could I
use in yeast to test this?  I've seen a lot of studies done in Xenopus
where they inject labeled RNA directly into the nucleus and then look
at its distribution in the nucleus and cytoplasm, but I assume this
can't be done in yeast.  Can anyone direct me to any papers where they
studied mRNA retention/export in yeast?  Thanks.

YEAST e-mail: messages sent to yeast at net.bio.net
subscribe:   mailto:biosci-server at net.bio.net and say: subscribe yeast