[Yeast] Pichia pastoris vectors

Johnson, Christa Lynn (UMKC-Student) clj989 at umkc.edu
Tue Aug 22 15:10:10 EST 2006

     Has anyone else noticed a band that runs well above the 10Kd marker when running pPICZ vectors or constructs on agarose gels?  Invitrogen calls it an "aggregate" and says it is normal but does not offer an explanation as to why it forms.  It falls down to an appropriate size upon digestion however it makes it difficult to screen clones for the presence of my insert.

Does anyone have an explanation for this "aggregate" or know how to prevent its formation?

I would appreciate any help, I doesn't seem like I am getting the whole story from Invitrogen.
Thanks,
Christa
Graduate student