[Yeast] separation of dead and live cells?

Nicolas Brandes via yeast%40net.bio.net (by n.brandes At gmx.de)
Thu Dec 7 14:15:09 EST 2006

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows a method to separate dead and live yeast
cells BEFORE analyzing them with a fluorescence microscope.

Is it maybe possible to lyse the dead cells and then separate these lysed
cells from the live cells by centrifugation?

My aim is to get an enriched fraction of live cells without all the dead
cells (after ~ 10 days of growth I have a lot of dead cells in my solution I
want to get rid of)

Any ideas?

Thanks for help,

Nico