[Yeast] yeast drying-spray dryer

Srinivasan Panchami srinivasan.panchami at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:38:35 EST 2006

Dear Emily,
                            I came across your email on the internet.
My name is srinivasan and presently I am working on the construction
of a spray dryer which is supposed to spray dry wet yeast.The material
to  be dryed would be injected through a centrifugal disk with
multiple spherical openings of about 0.5 mm in diameter. Hot air would
be blown from the dryer's bottom part. I want to make sure
that the yeast has enough velocity to dry and go out from the bottom
and doesnt get blown off by the air midway. I was wondering how can I
approach the problem. Also does terminal velocity play a part in the
design process?.any help will be appreciated.

sincerely
srinivasan panchami