[Yeast] Pichia expression of plant GH43 enzymes

Faisal A. Chaudhry chaudhrf at purdue.edu
Wed Feb 22 22:25:55 EST 2006

Hello,

  I'm using Pichia pastoris (Invitrogen) to express glycosyl hydrolase enzymes
from Arabidopsis.  Has anyone expressed something similar?  I'm having
problems expessing my protein.  I'm using pICZA vector, 25 ml cultures in
baffled flasks, complex glycerol/methanol media, 4-5 day induction w/ 1%
methanol.  Various other native Pichia proteins are being expressed, and
Western blotting (using Sigma H1029 anti poly-His antibody) does not pick up
any band of appropriate size in pellet or secreted fractions (secreted
fractions are TCA precipitated), ut works well for a bacterially expressed
recombinant C-term His tag protein. Control human serum albumin secreted
beautifully, so I can not say my technique is incorrect.  Does anyone have any
suggestions.  I'm willing to give more detailed information if requested.
Thank you!

Faisal Chaudhry