[Yeast] Electroporation and homologous recombination on chromosome?

Linnea Hedin linnea.hedin at dbb.su.se
Thu May 4 03:43:54 EST 2006

Hi,
I wonder if anyone has used electroporation on yeast cells (preferably
S.cerevisiae) in order to make a homologous recombination in the genomic
DNA? That is, to insert dsDNA consisting of the DNA you want to insert
into the chromosome flanked by approximately 50 base pairs per side that
are homologous to the DNA on the chromosome where you want the insertion
to be made.
If you've used this method for the described purpose, could you please
give me the details about it? There's nothing about this in the
literature, everyone is using the LiAc-transformation method (Gietz et
al). Just thought I would ask.

Sincerely,
Linnea Hedin

--