[Yeast] gene deletion/mutation in yeast

Hani Ebrahimi xhanix at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 24 13:53:32 EST 2006

Hi Mehmet

It's much quicker if you replace these genes with a
marker (e.g. URA3) using PCR ( primers with homology
to upstream and downstream of your genes.) There a few
protocols on internet that explain the procedure of
replacing a gene with a marker. The marker will be
inserted in place of the gene by the process of
homologous recombination.