[Yeast] Postdoctoral position at UC Berkeley

Rachel Brem via yeast%40net.bio.net (by rbrem At batman.berkeley.edu)
Tue Nov 14 14:00:34 EST 2006

The lab of Rachel Brem at the University of California, Berkeley seeks
outstanding candidates for a postdoctoral position in yeast genomics.
The associate hired for this position will join a project on the genomics
of stochastic noise in gene expression and the role of regulatory
feedback.  The goal of the project is to understand the evolutionary
benefit of unpredictability (stochasticity) in protein production.  To
this end, the incumbent postdoctoral fellow will use experimental and
computational methods to dissect noise and feedback across thousands of
yeast genes.  Previous experience with high-throughput biology is a plus,
but trainees with a molecular biology or genetics background are
encouraged to apply.

We are a young and flourishing lab in the Department of Molecular and Cell
Biology at Berkeley.  Our work draws on the wealth of scientific resources
on the Berkeley campus and in the Bay Area, and our postdoctoral fellows
benefit from an exceptional training environment in genetics, genomics,
and applied statistics.  For more information about the lab and a list of
recent publications, see http://mcb.berkeley.edu/faculty/GEN/bremr.html.

To apply, email a description of your research interests and your CV, and
have two recommendation letters sent, to rbrem at berkeley.edu.

--
Rachel Brem
Assistant Professor of Genetics and Development
Email:  rbrem at berkeley.edu
Office location:  201A Hildebrand Hall