[Yeast] Yeast proteins with cysteines

Maria Costanzo via yeast%40net.bio.net (by maria from genome.stanford.edu)
Fri Aug 10 08:49:14 EST 2007

Dear Nico,

THe Saccharomyces Genome Database (SGD) contains gene and protein
information for S. cerevisiae and provides multiple files for
download. The one you are looking for would be the file
'protein_properties.tab' which can be downloaded at:

ftp://genome-ftp.stanford.edu/pub/yeast/protein_info/

This file contains information on the amino acid composition of each
yeast protein, and you should be able to sort it in Excel to identify
the proteins containing cysteines. The format and content of the file
are described in the 'README' file located in the same FTP directory.
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database
   and Candida Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120