[Yeast] scanning for first AUG during translation

Christian Landry via yeast%40net.bio.net (by clandry from post.harvard.edu)
Mon Aug 13 08:55:46 EST 2007

Hi,

I am looking for a reference on yeast (or other eukaryote) where
people have assessed the accuracy of the scanning of the 5' of mRNA
by the translational machinery for finding the first in frame AUG? I
would like to know if a second AUG is sometimes used instead of the
first one as a consequence of not recognizing the first proper AUG.

Any reference on this subject will be appreciated.

Christian