[Yeast] Glycerol stocks from cultures in 2xYPAD

Anna Heidenblut via yeast%40net.bio.net (by anna.heidenblut At gmx.de)
Fri Jan 19 05:43:50 EST 2007

Dear all,

another elementary question:
Can it cause any problems when I prepare glycerol stocks from cultures
that were grown in double strength YPAD (YPD with additional adenin
added)? I use this 2xYPAD to grow pre-cultures for yeast transformation
and it would be very convenient to prepare glycerol stocks from the
pre-cultures immediately rather than setting up a separate culture in
YPD just for the preparation of glycerol stocks.

Any comments on that question are highly appreciated.

Dr. Anna Heidenblut (PhD)

Genome Integrity Group
Department of Molecular Oncology
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine
Oxford University John Radcliffe Hospital,
Headley Way, Oxford, Oxfordshire OX3 9DS UK
Tel: 0044 / 1865 / 222419
anna.heidenblut At cancer.org.uk