[Yeast] RT-PCR

Maria Costanzo via yeast%40net.bio.net (by mcc from twcny.rr.com)
Tue Mar 27 09:33:36 EST 2007

Hi Lisa,

You may hear from someone who has used a particular gene for this
purpose, but if not, you can use SGD's Expression Connection

http://db.yeastgenome.org/cgi-bin/expression/expressionConnection.pl

to investigate this. Using Search III, which allows you to find genes
whose expression changes by the manner you specify, to find genes
whose expression doesn't change significantly in the dataset
"Expression in response to environmental changes" (A.P. Gasch et
al.), should reveal some candidates. One of the conditions tested in
this study was hyperosmotic stress.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria C. Costanzo, Ph.D.
Senior Scientific Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database
   and Candida Genome Database
Department of Genetics
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA 94305-5120