[Yeast] Slow galactose induction

Kerry Geiler via yeast%40net.bio.net (by kgeiler from gmail.com)
Tue Sep 4 12:54:57 EST 2007

Hi,

I am looking for suggestions as to why my galactose induction process
takes 6 hours.  I am expressing CFP under a gal promoter in media with
no glucose and 2% galactose.  I am getting fluorescence, but it takes
6 hours to see it.  Any ideas why induction could be taking so long?

I grow the cells up in media containing no glucose (2%raffinose)
overnight.  Then I induce 150uL of this culture with 2% galactose and
measure fluorescence every 15 minutes.  I do not see fluorescence
distinguishable from background until about 6 hours later.

Thanks very much for any suggestions!  Please reply to kgeiler from gmail.com.
Thanks,
Kerry