[Yeast] ROS scavenger

Juxiang Cao via yeast%40net.bio.net (by caojuxi from auburn.edu)
Thu Sep 13 12:20:31 EST 2007

Zhaojie,
It is really worthy to try PBN, but do you or anybody else have ever tried TEMPOL instead of TEMPO in yeast? my advisor thinks TEMPOL works great, but I only found references using TEMPOL in animal cells, wondering how it works in yeast cells. Thanks!

Best regards
Juxiang Cao
>>> "Z.J. Zhang" <ZZhang from uwyo.edu> 09/13/07 9:10 AM >>>
Juxiang:

We used N-tert-butyl-alpha-phenylnitrone(PBN) to quenching the ROS in
yeast. It works well.

Here is the reference:

Qun Ren et al., (2005) Mutation of the cohesin related gene PDS5 causes
cell death with predominant apoptotic features in Saccharomyces
cerevisiae during early meiosis Mutation Research 570:163-173

Let me know if you need a copy of the reprint.

Zhaojie Zhang

Zhaojie Zhang, Ph.D.
Department of Zoology and Physiology
University of Wyoming