[Yeast] Post doctoral position availabe

Azadeh via yeast%40net.bio.net (by Azadeh from brandeis.edu)
Thu Aug 28 13:08:36 EST 2008

We are seeking a post-doctoral research associate in molecular biology
to complement our soft matter and biophysics groups at Brandeis University.

The primary goal of this research is to establish and examine an in
vitro system to investigate the dynamics of macromolecules (DNA and
chromosomes) in crowded and confined environments and to apply this
knowledge to chromosome properties in living cells. More specifically,
we are interested in understanding the effects of tethering and
confinement on the cyclization rate of a chromosome. Microfluidic
devices will be extensively used to create confinements of various sizes
and geometries. These experiments will take advantage of well
established microfabrication and quantitative microscopy facilities at
Brandeis University and the expertise in design and development of
microfuidic devices. To apply for this position no prior microfluidics
experience is necessary.

The successful applicant will be working jointly between the
laboratories of Dr. Seth Fraden and Dr. Azadeh Samadani and will be
expected to make significant intellectual contribution to our research
program. We are seeking a motivated individual whose past training would
ideally combine a strong molecular biology background with experiences
in in-vitro replication systems and DNA, protein and chromosome
purification and who is interested in working in an interdisciplinary
environment. This position is initially funded for a year with
possibility of extension to two years. A doctoral degree in Biology,
Biophysics is preferred.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae to: azadeh from brandeis.edu

Brandeis University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to
building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and strongly
encourages applications from women and minorities.

--
Azadeh Samadani
Assistant Professor of Physics