[Yeast] monitor cell lysis during cell culture

Yohan Jin via yeast%40net.bio.net (by jinyohan from gmail.com)
Tue Apr 14 13:39:52 EST 2009

 Hi,

I am purifying a protein that is being secreted to culture medium, however,
I encounter significant amount of cytosolic proteins in the supe.  I guess
these are resulted from cell lysis.  If it is true, I'd like to monitor how
much yeast cell lysis is going on during exponential cell growth.

Please give me some advise/comments for markers, methods and references.  My
email is jinyohan from gmail.com

Thank you so much, in advance.

Yohan Jin